Someday, organization and I will be friends...

Sigh. I get SO many emails. I rarely actually seriously TAKE the time to sit down and check my email. Generally, I'll hear my phone go off, every five minutes, it seems, I glance at it, and move on... Well. In doing so, I've created quite a blunder. It doesn't effect anyone beside myself, so that is good, but still... There is a potluck brunch coming up and I was SURE it was tomorrow morning... so today, I was in the kitchen... 

Making these... 


If you read my post Texas Roadhouse anyone? you know that I was able to replicate the rolls that they serve at the restaurant. And they were delicious. But I typically don't use just white flour and sugar; that was an extremely special exception to try and figure out my baking issues... and since I'd solved them, well, then today, I was able to revert back to my ways, using a whole grain wheat flour, as well as maltitol syrup and evaporated cane juice, rather than the plain old white flour and sugar... 

And yay! These are delish as well! They are not as puffy, due to the higher protein content in whole wheat spelt flour, but they are light and lovely anyways! And something I didn't make last week with the others, I did today, because tomorrow was a special occasion... the cinnamon and honey butter. I used brummel and brown's whipped yogurt butter, so it was technically still healthier than regular ol' butter.... but the honey... that was the real deal. 

Very tasty though and it's in small doses, right? Unless you end up eating like ten rolls... hah.

Well, ANYways... 

I also made these:


Granted, they may not look like these, that I'd pinned a few days ago, but they are darn tasty! Peppermint swirl cookies! Mine are bigger. And mine also look darker, due partly to half whole wheat flour, and partly from using coconut sugar, which has the color of brown sugar.

Fun and festive! I like them! 

And I'd thought to myself "These are perfect to take to the brunch!"

Well... after all this baking, I decide I should double check that the time is at 9:30 and also double-check the address of the house. Welp. In checking all of that important and vital information, I also take notice of the date... the 13th... the 13th... wait, that's not tomorrow! That's not even this week!!! Agh!!

Why do I do this to myself... that's what happens with my lack of organization!!

Well, luckily, I will be seeing a handful of those people tomorrow anyways, so I guess I'll just be passing out snacks for the fun of it. It's really the only option, otherwise my 1 year old, 2 year old, and I would be having a carb-party extravanganza... and well. We don't need that. :-)

Oh well, I guess that was my dry run for the real deal a week from now! Ha!

I was pretty psyched today. The UPS man took two days off from our house, but was back in action today! hehe. And this time it was like a Merry Christmas to Me package! Well, maybe that would actually be a horrible Christmas gift, but I was excited none-the-less. I'd run out of Muscle Milk Light protein powder, so I went online last week to order some. I stumbled upon a page I'd never ordered from before called www.netrition.com. Well, little did I know, the same page also sold a few items I've been looking all over the place for. There are a ton of sugar-free products that use xylitol, a sugar alcohol derived from corn... this is better than sugar-free stuff that uses splenda(which is in practically ALL things "sugar-free"). Splenda is created in a lab and contains chlorine... so yeah. 

It's not often I use ketchup or bbq sauce or syrup or honey or jam. Not often at all, in fact. But when I DO use them, I always hate it, because they can be clogged with sugar (Well, duh, of course honey would be...) But the rest tend to be sugar-stuffed, unnecessarily. So I ordered all of them, as well as some more PB2, because I ran out last week... I was SO very excited to see the package at the door today... so excited that I changed the dinner plan and made sloppy joes instead, with some ground turkey, that way I could try out some of the ketchup and bbq sauce. Good good good. And like I said earlier, I used the maltitol in the bread as well as the cookies! 



My loot. Won. Der. Ful. Aww, I just realized I didn't put my honey-bear in the picture; he was the only thing that doesn't go in the pantry so he'd already been put away. Oh well. I'm excited to try out all of this great stuff!

And on that note, I've got to get some sleep! Always up too late... and I've got to get up early to go to my non-brunch... hehehe






Comments