A sock and a t-shirt

Two awesome things here... the sock bun... and the infinity scarf. 

1. Sock bun. Pull hair up into a ponytail. Tie a sock around the base of ponytail. Wrap hair around the sock and pin or use another hair tie to hold bun in place. Your hair should completely cover the sock and appears much fuller than the standard bun! :-) Even though the sock is to be hidden, I used a chocolate colored sock with a argyle pattern, in case it ended up sticking out, it may be mistaken for a hair tie or something... but I went all day and into the night and it stayed put! Easy... peasy...


Okay and 2. Infinity scarf. You know how you think of things that are brilliant and it's just too late. You look it up on google and 4 out of 5 people are already doin it? Yeah, this was one of those... but oh well, it's still awesome and I still did it, even if I wasn't the first ever... take an old t-shirt and cut the bottom hem off. Then cut straight across right below the arm pits. You are left with no seams on your "scarf", the torso of the t-shirt. Stretch it out; I used this opportunity to turn it into a workout. One foot on one side of the scarf and do arm curls to stretch your scarf. Or bend forward and then back up; essentially a dead lift, you should feel it in your lower back. It doesn't take much to stretch and you can wrap it twice around your neck, typically. A bonus for me is that I used an old shirt of my husband's and it smells like him all day when I wear it... too weird? Oh well, I don't care. I miss him!

And there it is... two easy and FREE wardrobe updates... anyone else have any more free and easy updates?? DO share!! :-)

Comments