Long Time, No Blog

No matter how hard I try to ignore this blog, which I seem to be very good at, it stays on my mind. I do not set aside time to do it, and perhaps I should be better at scheduling it into my planner, but sometimes it just stresses me out. Yet, I find myself making things, whether something in the kitchen, or a craft, something knit, crocheted, so on and so on, and I think to myself, this would be nice to share with the 5 people that like my blog. Someone recently asked me if I had posted anything recently. Sadly no. I want to. I just never do. So I'll try my best. I would like to be more consistent with it, but I make no promises!!!
So I sit here this Friday night, late and weary, but still up watching Lucy. I rented it, knowing good and well I would probably not like it, but here I am. The movie "Lost in Translation" is probably one of my favorites, maybe top 25, back when Scarlett was sweet and simple. Lately, she is some "fierce" tough-girl with something to prove and a much deeper voice than I remember. I don't find her as delightful as I used to. I am pretty sure my husband already told me this movie wasn't that great, but sometimes I still make bad decisions on solo snowy evenings...
So anyways, I think part of why I don't do enough updates is all the pressure of taking fancy photos of what I am up to, and instead of simplifying or cutting back, I just walk away altogether, leaving things unfinished. How annoying is that? Welp, this is my year of "Commit," so I'm here to work that out... P.S, Do you need a word for your year? Check this out! My One Word ... Such a great concept! And so anyway, here I am, ready to commit! But guess what? That just means that I'm going to do what I want to do and that is share things... what that does not mean is that I have to take fancy, svelt photos of all my food and hobbies.
Sidenote, a dinosaur just showed up in this movie. I have lost all kinds of interest in this... Grr for not having a free movie coupon today!
Back to my point. Instead of getting a beautiful plated presentation with just a morsel of food, you are more likely to get this...


Or a piece of something straight out of the casserole dish...
These two photos are actually the same thing, zucchini lasagna. Yummy in my tummy.


Or maybe something already half-eaten like this! Which by the way, is a taco pizza, and it was so so good.


This next one is probably as pretty as it gets... We used to have chili-mac growing up, so this is my version with zucchini instead of noodles. I actually thought to take a quick photo before I mashed it all up together. You can refer back up to the first picture for what it looks like at that point! Ha!


So yeah, as long as you guys are cool with seeing not-so-amazing pics, then well, cool!
I blog about whatever, but more often than not, it ends up being about food. I really like food. I've always claimed to be somewhat of a healthy eater, but this is the year that I have really discovered the benefits of clean eating, along with trying to eat less acidic and toxic foods... I'll save that talk for another night though! The movie is over and it has exhausted me of all the energy I had. So I hope to blog again soon! If not, I'll see you in 1.5 years!

Night! ;-)



Comments